Any new application for a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or a Permit to Purchase a Handgun must be obtained through your local Police Agency.
First time applicants will need to obtain the following:
- Firearms Application Packet (pick up at 125 Main St, Bridgeport, NJ 08014)
- A case number from their local agency for Fingerprinting,
- The Firearms I.D. Permit to Purchase a Handgun application
- Consent for a Mental Health Clearance.
***No applications will be processed without all proper documents and fingerprints completed.***
DUPLICATE CARDS, CHANGE OF ADDRESS or HANDGUN PURCHASE PERMITS
If you already have a NJ Firearms Purchaser ID Card and wish to obtain a Permit to Purchase a Handgun you may complete the online background check and turn in all completed paperwork to our Agency. The instructions and Forms are obtainable through our Forms page.
To Apply for a Change of Address and/or a Duplicate FA Purchaser ID Card or
if you already have an ID Card and you are applying for a Permit to Purchase a Handgun,
you must first complete the State Online Form 212A via the website listed below.
• The Logan Twp. Police department nine digit Originating Agency Identification
Logan Township Police ORI: NJ0080900
• Applicants must log on to https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/ and click on
the ONLINEFORM212A, highlighted block located on the lower left side of the page.
• The applicant must follow the prompts for demographic and payment information.
• Upon completion of the form the applicant will receive an email Confirmation &Receipt
that will include a confirmation number.
• Forms STS 033 and SP 66 must be completed and returned to the Logan Twp.
Police Department after completing the Online Form 212A.
• The applicant can find more detailed information by clicking on the Help Tab, located on
the top right side of the page.
Any Questions contact 856-467-0061 ext. 3010