Effective immediately, the Township has made the following decisions based upon the current pandemic spread of Covid-19. Please be advised of the following Municipal operational changes:
1. At this time, the Municipal Building will remain open for daily operations, but all Municipal offices will be CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC in an effort to protect employees and the public from further spread of Covid-19 in the community. All essential Township operations – including police and public works, will continue functioning. Emergency services will continue.
2. We have a drop box outside of the side door on the police parking lot side of the Municipal Building. The drop box will be monitored throughout the day and emptied daily. We are encouraging the public to utilize this resource so that we can continue to provide municipal services without direct contact with the public.
3. Township Council and Land Use Board Meetings, commencing March 18, 2020, will be suspended until further notice.
4. All municipal court sessions commencing March 18, 2020, have been cancelled.
5. Construction inspections continue until further notice, by appointment only.
6. The Township telephone number is: 856-467-3424. If you wish to contact a specific Municipal Department, please follow the instructions on the recording.
7. Please continue to monitor the Township website and electronic boards for updates to the Townships operations.
This is an extraordinary circumstance, and we ask for your patience as we work through maintaining our public services during this unprecedented situation.
For a more detailed understanding of the process under way at the State level, you can view Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 103 here:
Executive Order 103
Again, thank you for your patience.
Mayor Frank W. Minor
Gloucester County Department of Health COVID-19 Information
NJ Department of Health COVID-19 Information
CDC Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations