2020 Internal Affairs Statistics
Number of complaints: 2
Administratively Closed: 0
Emergency: Dial 911
125 Main Street
Bridgeport, NJ 08014
Firearms Application Process
March 4, 2019
Effective immediately, the Logan Township Police Department will be accepting all firearms applications electronically via the New Jersey State Police Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS). Please read this information for assistance with processing your application. The system is used to apply for the following:
Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
• Must be 18 years old
• Allows purchase of unrestricted number of long guns (rifles, shotguns, etc.)
• No expiration
Permit to Purchase a Handgun
• Must be 21 years old
• Allows purchase of handgun (one handgun per permit, and only one handgun may be purchased every 30 days)
• Each permit expires 90 days after date of issue
Replacement for lost/stolen Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
Replacement for mutilated Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
Change of address, sex, or name on Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
To access FARS and apply for any of the above, follow these steps:
Visit the New Jersey State Police FARS website: http://www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars
Enter the ORI (originating agency identifier) number for Logan Township Police Department:
Select the option you wish to apply for and complete the online application. You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
Follow the instructions provided by the system and the subsequent notifications sent to you.
Tips for Success
• The online application is applicant driven, so be sure that you provide accurate personal identifiers, telephone numbers, and email addresses. You will receive automated updates throughout the process.
• Gather your information and have it available before beginning the application.
• You are required to provide contact information for two personal references who are able to speak to your character. Inform your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
• All first time applicants must be fingerprinted by the NJSP designated contractor. Information regarding fingerprinting is included in the automated confirmation email sent to you by the system after submitting your application.
• If you are required to be fingerprinted, you must do so within ninety days of submitting your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being purged, and you will have to begin the process over.
• If you have already been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey, you will need to include your State Bureau of Identification (SBI) number in the application process. Your SBI number is six numbers and one letter (example: 123456A) and can be found next to “NUMBER” on your NJ Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
• If you are having technical or payment-related issues, contact the New Jersey e-Government Services Help Desk at 609-586-2600
• If you have any other questions, please contact our Administrative Office at 856-467-0061 during normal business hours
Any Questions contact 856-467-0061 ext. 3010