Home Alone! What Kids Should Know
- What steps you want them to follow when they get home; such as phoning you at work or a neighbor or grandparent who is at home.
- Not to let strangers, adults or children into the home for any reason.
- Not to tell telephone callers that they’re alone.
- That door and window locks must always be used. Be sure your children know how the work them.
- Not to go into the home if a door is ajar or a window is broken, but to go to a neighbor’s or public phone and call the police.
- Your rules about acceptable activities when you are not at home. Be very clear.