When Using Public Transportation
- When using the bus, be sure to have your fare out and ready before you leave home, office or store.
- Plan your route to use the busiest, best-lit stop possible, both to get on and off a bus. If you must wait, stay near the attendant’s stand or in the best-lit area available.
- Keep your purse, shopping bag, backpack, packages, etc., in your lap, on your arm, or between your feet–not by themselves on an empty seat.
- Sit near the driver, but not right next to the door.
- Don’t let yourself doze off on a bus. It can make you an easy target.